Saturday, April 14, 2007

Grand National Day

A lot of you probably don't know this, but I actually enjoy a flutter on the ponies every now and again.  I only bet on big races or if we are actually there and I always set myself a limit so I never go over.  Winnings are never re-bet either.

In general I am "lucky", raking in £220 on last year's National and over HK$2,000 when we went a couple of years back.

This is the first time I have decided to publish my bets before the race though, so you can see how I get on!

Jasie's Picks:

7. Numbersixvalverde - Last Year's winner, which scooped me a big prize.  I reckon that you should not break a winning combo!

30. Silver Birch - Good odds for an improving horse.

Rena's Pick:

25. Longshanks - Hammer of the Scots!  Jockey called Dobbin!

Lauren's Pick:

5. Thisthatandtother - She likes "Dis" and "Dat" at the moment, so seemed appropriate.

Jasie's Eachway Longshot:

10. Cloudy Bays - Black and White stripes for the Zebra in all of us!

No comments: