Friday, August 18, 2006

Mainly for Balint

A long, long time ago, when we couldn't afford to go out on a Friday night, we used to have film nights, where Serena would cook and Balint and I would take turns providing films or wine.

Balint introduced me to two French films: Les Visiteurs (great comedy just ignore the Hollywood remake) and La Fille de d'Artagnan (young Sophie Marceau).

I have remained a fan of the French swashbuckling movie and enjoyed Le Pacte des Loups when it hit the cinema in Australia (despite it getting a very poor edit to R2 DVD).

I recently came across another film of the genre that I really enjoyed and thought I would post it here for those of you who may be interested.

It is called Le Bossu and features a very average plot and pretty nifty swordplay.

Now all we need is a remake of Scaramouche and we are complete!

No comments: