Sunday, December 07, 2008

Memory Hole

Life has been so hectic recently I think I blogged about something only to find I didn't!

Anyway, I just want to add something extra to my post "Slipping..." below.

The best thing for me about Mamma Mia is that it "De-Gays" Abba, bringing it back to being acceptable.  I was pleased to see that the 16 year old lad on X-Factor also admitted that Abba was his favourite group and was happy to sing one of their songs.

All in all, I hope this allows me to dispute Gareth's comment on my last post!

8 comments:

Music Scramble said...

Oh come on!!! Next you'll be telling me that the Scissor Sisters got their name from a clothes making family business and sing Christian songs!!

I don't believe that Mamma Mia 'de-Gays' it. I haven't seen it, but it's a musical movie. By definition musicals are enjoyed by women, the gay community, and light on their feet 'gents'....

Music Scramble said...

Oh and as for the 16-year old X-Factor guy. Do you not think he is also a bit pop and light-footed!?!?

Jase said...

No Comment... :P

Music Scramble said...

:) Seriously though, my Mum has asked for Mamma-Mia for her Xmas....so I may end up having to watch it.

Lindsay has already seen it - she said it was sh!t - but then again she prefers Star Wars and Indiana Jones....

Jase said...

It is not quality drama. It is not gripping action. It is not a special effects marathon.
It is fun!
The music is great (if you like Abba) and as long as you can ignore Pierce Brosnan's voice the performances are actually pretty good.
It is a stage show musical in a movie.

Music Scramble said...

Oh I know what it's not, and I don't have a myopic view of my movie tastes, BUT it is a stage show musical....

Jase said...

So was Evita. That is a good film.
Phantom of the Opera was a bad film.
Some Stage shows transfer well and others don't.

Music Scramble said...

I haven't seen Evita or Phantom, or Sweeny Todd...

I've seen The Blues Brothers and that's a musical film, but it was not a stage show first. I think it's Stage Show musical campness that I have an aversion to...